Thursday, March 30, 2006

First quarter results

One of my friends welcomed the new year with the phrase "let this be the year something good happens". It's the end of March and already we have a pretty good list going:
  • our house in England is about 3 weeks from closure: the survey has been done and the title search process begun;
  • Kassie is beyond happy at her new school;
  • my freelance writing career has taken off, with an exciting new client coming on board around summer/autumn;
  • the full manuscript of my most recent novel has been requested for consideration by a well-known British publisher; and, best of all (and this is recent news, so take note),
  • John has joined SNC-Lavalin, Profac, as their new Senior Director of Business Development, the job based here in Montreal.
How's that for the first quarter?

2 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Sharon J said...

Is this the historical you were working on while you were here, Jeanne? Have you heard anything yet? And did you find out whether they had buttons during the Regency period or not? (Remember the discussion about it in Penny's garden, and whether anybody could remember whether Colin Firth had button on that shirt?

The group are launching their website next week. If you want a sneak preview, it's at www.nantwichwriters.co.uk

Hope you're happy in Canada. Sounds as if things are going your way :)

~Sharon

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by, Sharon.

I checked out the website and it looks awesome, kudos to you as web designer. Visiting it made me feel quite nostalgic. Let me know when you "go live" so I may post as an alumna.

Then as now, the image of Colin Firth baring all has chased both buttons and studs from my mind.

Yes, it's the historical I'm awaiting word on. Sadly, it's taking a while. In January and again in March I was assured the editorial team hoped to get to it soon. Patience is not my strong suit, however!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home