Sunday, October 09, 2005

Grass is always greener

When we lived in England we took note of trends we imagined Canada would never adopt. For instance, upon arriving I thought the Brits overly fond of sweets, to the detriment not only of health but of oral hygiene as well. Barely two weeks back in Montreal, I read in the local newspaper of the alarming growth of tooth decay in children and of Canada's willingness to adopt a program similar to Jamie Oliver's to ban junk food from school lunches. Also upon arriving to the UK, I despaired of finding lactose-free dairy products, which are commonly available in Canada. When I recently decided to cut gluten from my diet as well, I found it an easy task thanks to UK labelling practices. I figure it's only a matter of time before Canada follows suit in this regard as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home