Friday, November 11, 2005

On to the next step

I've written the book. Written the cover letter and synopsis. Sent it all off. Waited for the confirmation letter from the publisher attesting to its safe arrival. Rushed to pick up the mail as soon as I heard it drop through the mail slot for two, maybe three weeks, then gave it up as other things took over my time.

Yesterday the publisher contacted me to request the remainder of the manuscript which I dutifully sent off. Keep your fingers crossed I make it to the next step in the process.

4 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Jeanne!!! Could you remind me what your book is about?

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Courtney

It's a story loosely based on our ancestor (from the Charlton side). She lived in North England in the nineteenth century. When her mother died, her only close living relative in England, rather than marry or join her brother in Canada, she chose to remain and run their home by the sea as a lodging house. The rest I made up.

It's got romance, political intrigue, a mystery, and of course a feisty heroine.

Cross your fingers!

 
At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you think it would be possible for me to read it? i'm sure it will get published and i'll have to buy it.... but just in case?

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Such optimism!

Thanks for asking. I'll get back to you. Perhaps a teaser will do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home