Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Catching up

So what have I been up to since the spring when I stopped blogging? It wasn't travelling; we didn't even go away during March break, for pity's sake. Nor was it a new romance, as I'm a happily wedded woman. Not a new baby. Mine is 10 now and alarmingly close to independence (or so she tells me, when it suits her).

A few things did occur during the interim worthy of blogging about, including:
  • The dozen manuals I wrote and updated...maybe more, as I've lost count...installation guides, end-user guides, online help, webpages.
  • Our 14th wedding anniversary...correct me if I'm wrong, Johnny...it feels like only yesterday.
  • The visitors who came to stay with us: an old friend who currently calls Vancouver home, and my sister who lives in Sarnia, Ontario.
  • Kassie's triumphs: Finishing Grade 4 and passing her Royal Academy of Dance ballet exam. She also treated us to her drama club's final production, her ballet recital, and to yet another dance show courtesy of her recent two-week dance camp at McGill University's Camp Artemusik.
  • The publication of my critique partner's first novel. Way to go, India! And news that another writing buddy is about to find her works in print.
  • Laser eye surgery to prevent retinal detachment...yeah, not so nice as the others but at least it's done.
  • The renovation of our front porch, which is a work-in-progress still and resulted in the tearing of my favourite Teenflo skirt when I was forced to climb the fence to get into the house.
  • Great books I've read, including In The Company Of The Courtesan by Sarah Dunant, A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, and, most recently (as in today), Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson. Funny how most of these titles are Young Adult novels.
Of course, the above is by no means a comprehensive list. I may add more later or, better yet, blog about events as they happen. There's a novel concept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home