Monday, May 12, 2008

Still shaking...

CoralineOf his children's novel Coraline, Neil Gaiman writes that he found, once people began to read it, that children experienced it as an adventure, whereas adults thought it nightmarish. I am definitely in the latter camp, and wonder if Kassie is truly ready to read about Coraline, a girl small in stature but certainly not in valour, who stumbles on an alternate reality that is a chilling test of her inner strength.

Of course she triumphs in the end, but still...what a scaaaary story. Shudder! Read it if you dare.

4 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Nathalie said...

It sounds very good, Jeanne! So is it some kind of illustrated book, as I thought? I really have to read it now! :)

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No, it's not one of his graphic novels. But you'll love it, just the same!

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, now I'm scared AND I want to read it! Hmmm, maybe I'll chicken out, get my 14 year old cousin to read it, and give me the synopsis...yeah, I sssooo brave!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like the perfect solution! (And if I heard correctly, there may be a film in the works, which you could wait for...however, that will be scary too! Perhaps even scarier!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home